It has been a phenomenal experience to welcome Microsoft into our homes. To share our passion for technology, collaboration, and community with not only our Team but with our families as well. They got a glimpse of the incredible capabilities that technology provides.
During a global pandemic, Microsoft managed to bridge the cap in conferencing and not only hosted the event but made the learning event accessible to millions across the globe.
People are instinctually designed to connect whether face-to-face or through video, we are overcoming what seemed impossible. Covid-19 has driven most companies to adopt a digital transformation strategy and while this has left many in uncharted waters, companies have adapted and overcome the obstacles.
A digital transformation can be quite overwhelming when you don’t know where to start but know you should. Here are a few what, why, who and how questions to ask before going on this journey.
- What do we want to achieve?
- What are the long-term goals?
- What are the medium-term goals?
- What are the immediate wins?
- What do we need to do first?
- What knowledge do we currently have internally?
- What can we learn from other experiences?
- What are our KPI’s?
- Why do we need to transform?
- The Where:
- Where did we see a need to transform?
- Where do we see ourselves at the end of this journey?
- Where do our competitors stand on their transformation journey?
- Who do we need to involve in our journey?
- Who can connect the various elements of our transformation journey?
- Who signs off on this journey?
- How do we validate our success?
- How do we involve our customers?
- How do we keep our employees engaged during the transformation?
- How do we improve current processes?
Planning is key. It is critical to answering these questions at the beginning of your journey. Setting out goals and KPI’s are necessary to mitigate the risks involved. Look at your transformation journey as a set of projects rather than one project. Ensure that you have the proper project management processes in place to guide you on this journey of digital transformation.
Transformation is a journey and should form part of your overall business strategy. Technology is ever-changing; there will always be better ways of completing a task, assess this with your business needs in mind. You have to be in a position to react and act when the opportunity calls for it.
Some businesses believe they have already transformed, and there will never be a need to do so again. We live in constant change, society changes, demand changes, output changes, technology changes. The one thing in life that is certain is that change is inevitable and that we have to be in the best possible position to change with the times.
We live in an age where most of us have seen the first home-use computers (do you remember the Intel Compaq 386) and how we have transitioned from floppy disks to USB drives and now the cloud.
As Microsoft Gold Partners for over 16 years, we are excited to have been part of this event, to see how technology enriches lives across the globe. We are in a position to make health care available, online, remotely, this is phenomenal. We have seen how mundane tasks are completed with technology to allow your employees to focus on the critical elements of the business. Through the assistance of IoT devices, water waste can reduce through accurate measurements and control. The sky is no longer the limit.
It may be cheesy; we are inspired through the Microsoft Inspire Event, developing solutions that engage, connect, and elevate our clients is fundamental to our culture. We would love to be part of your journey!